The Beaner has had a tough week, he has had explosive diarrhea and woken us up the past couple of nights by having accidents around 1:30 A.M. and 4:00 A.M. You could tell he was embarrassed by what he had done and that he wasn’t feeling well at all. He was definitely blah Bennie.
Thankfully, he displayed more bounce tonight and on his last 2 walks wasn’t having any problems. I sure hope the little fellow is himself tomorrow.
Running Summary This Week
RunLog Week of 7/15/12
Three Things Running
- Over 50 Again: Three weeks in a row over 50 miles running for the week. I am feeling really good in spite of the heat and the mileage. However, I think I am due for a cut-back week this week and since I will be in travelling this week to Minnesota, it is probably a good week to do it.
- Trail Runs: I did a trail race at Bond Brook and a trail run at Messalonskee Stream Trail, they both felt great and I do enjoy running on trails more than the road.
- Racing: I got to the race at Bond Brook was a lot of fun and the people were great! The best part was that I made it there without any, well too many thoughts of trying to find an excuse not to go.
I typically schedule Sunday’s as my rest day, but I just had to try out my new trail shoes – oh well, will rest a day next week – well maybe, I am traveling to Minnesota Thursday, so maybe that will be a day of rest , who know, maybe I will go 31/31 in July, no I am not streaking, just running and enjoying it. As soon as it becomes painful or work, I will rest.
This week in two words: Running alot
Here are my top ten posts for the past week based on page views:
- Tommie Copper Sleeve Review – First Impressions
- Nike Free 4.0 v2 – After 50 Miles
- Bond Brook 5K Trail Race– 7/12/12
- It’s Been How Long Since You Ran?
- First Run in Asics Gel Blur 33 – 2/16/12
- Long Run Lessons Learned 7/9/12
- Nathan Horizontal Hydration Belt Review
- My Transition Plan to Minimalist Running Shoes
- Tommie Copper – Is Working
- Running Log Spreadsheet Template
I am bouncing between 148 and 152, which is great and these lower weights feels better for running. A lot less strain on knees, hips, etc.
No real injuries, just a couple of nagging aches and pains that are getting better.
Nike Free Run +3
I ran 13.1 in them this week and I couldn’t put my finger on it, but they just don’t seem quite right for me on a longer run, but they do fine up to about 6.0 miles. I am trying a different lacing pattern to see if that stops my right pinky toe from feeling cramped and hurting during a run.
Nike Free 4.0 v2
I have over 290 miles on these shoes and am starting to notice the wear and my knees are a little more sore than they have been after a long run in these shoes. I have a feeling that 300 to 350 is about all that I will get out of them as running shoes. So far they have been the best shoes for me that I have run in, in a long, long time.
Adidas Vigor TR
I bought these to be my primary trail running shoes (Initial Review & Run in Adidas Vigor TR). I used the Vigor’s 2 times this week once for a trail race and today at MST in Oakland, on both trails they did great and protected my feet the way that I wanted them to when I bought them. Very happy with them so far.
I ran an easy 3.5 in them the other day and they felt a lot better, the last surgery I performed on them seems to have fixed the issues I was having with the shoes. Hopefully, it does, because, I am going to be needing a pair of shoes that I can wear for my longer runs, now that the Free 4.0 are wearing out and I probably need to wait until August to get another pair of long distance shoes. I will probably do a few short runs with them this week to get used to them again and try them on a long run next week.
I reviewed my 2012 running goals 2012 Mid-Year Goal Review and Update and updated them.
The reality is that
I am still very excited about some of the opportunities that might be coming my way. Now I just have to be patient and do the waiting game – hopefully I will know which doors I will be going through this week . Until then, I just have to be patient and see what the future holds.
Next week, I will be posting less than I have in the past due to going to Minnesota to visit/meet my Grandkids , very excited about it.
Thank you for your support and reading posts from "A Veteran Runnah"again this week.
Run While You Can and Keep smiling – good things will happen!